Journal-Wide Setting to LJ-Cut all of Journal Owner's Entries by Default
Short, concise description of the idea
I would like to have a journal-wide setting that allows me to lj-cut all entries I post by default.
Full description of the idea
(This was posted by mobile phone because I still don't have a working PC, so please excuse any weird typos.)
I tend to post a lot of entries that are tl;dr and/or consist of content that people may not want to see uncut on their Friends pages. Unfortunately, I don't always remember to lj-cut my entries, especially if I'm posting via mobile phone. So to solve this problem, I think it best to have a default journal-wide setting that inserts an lj-cut tag at the beginning of each of my entries by default.
By default, this setting would be DISABLED, so the journal owner would have to manually set it if they want their entries cut by default. Per the developers' preferences, the cuts may be disabled on a per-entry basis, or the journal owner may have to change the journal-wide setting to disable them again.
- Less unwanted, overly lengthy, ranty, "emo," "triggery," or NSFW content on people's Friends pages because the poster forgot to cut their entries
- More convenience for posters who tend to forget to cut their entries
- For communities, less directly displayed spam from trolls and spammers that post uncut NSFW images and such
- As always, the time and trouble to code and implement this
- People may not know about the setting and/or may choose not to use it, which may cause drama for those who do know about it and don't want to see uncut entries from a particular poster
- One more journal-wide setting that may confuse users and result in more user-ed Support requests
- Fewer people may bother to read someone's entries because they're always cut, creating less convenience for the reader
- And others I haven't thought of