A Link to Remove a Deleted/Purged/Suspended Journal from One's Friends List
Short, concise description of the idea
On pages that say that a journal has been "deleted," "deleted and purged," or "suspended," I would like to have a direct link to http://www.livejournal.com/friends/add.bml?user=exampleusername (where "exampleusername" is the username of the journal) to facilitate removal of the journal from one's Friends list.
Full description of the idea
(I'm posting this entirely by mobile phone, no thanks to an irreparably corrupt registry file on my PC, so please pardon any weird typos.)
This was inspired by this suggestion: http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/987246.html?format=light. The problem is that currently, the only simple way to remove deleted and/or purged journals (or suspended journals) from one's Friends list is to visit the Edit Friends page. As some people have many journals on their Friends lists, the Edit Friends page can be very kludgy and slow to load. There are two other methods, but the Admin Console (http://www.livejournal.com/admin/console) isn't convenient to visit for some folks, and hand-constructing a URL (http://www.livejournal.com/friends/add.bml?user=exampleusername) can be tedious and complicated, especially for inexperienced users.
Unlike the other suggestion, which would be a blanket removal of purged/deleted/suspended journals from displaying on one's Friends list, I was thinking it might be helpful to have a link to the customized add.bml page from the journal's page where it says that the journal is deleted/purged/suspended. This would give the user more control over their own Friends list without having to load a script-intensive page. On that "the account has been deleted/deleted and purged/suspended" page, the link would go directly to
http://www.livejournal.com/friends/add.bml?user=exampleusername (where "exampleusername" is the username of the deleted/purged/suspended user) to allow someone to remove the journal from their Friends list. (Theoretically, someone could also use it to ADD the journal, although it would be likely pointless, IMHO.)
This could also be expanded to remove such journals from a community that the user maintains by adding a "work as user" drop-down, but this may not be as feasible and may complicate the code. But if it's doable, I would like that functionality included.
- More convenient, simple removal of deleted/purged/suspended journals from one's Friends list
- Less bandwidth used and scripting/content to be loaded
- Less unwanted clutter on someone's Friends list as displayed on their profile
- As usual, the time and trouble to code and implement this (more so if it's expanded to include community member removal of deleted/purged/suspended members)
- Possible accidental Friend adds of deleted/purged/suspended journals by users who didn't already have these journals added
- Possible drama over someone removing a particular deleted/purged/suspended journal from their Friends list (e.g. "I KNOW I purged my journal so there's nothing in it anymore, but why did you unfriend it? We were supposed to be BFFs, no matter what!!!1!" or "ZOMG YOU DEFRIENDED MY PURGED JOURNAL BUT LEFT ANOTHER PERSON'S PURGED JOURNAL ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST! WHYYYYYY?" Yeah, IDEK... I've yet to see this, but wouldn't be surprised if it happened =/ ).
- And probably others I'm not thinking of