Allow icon to be changed during comment preview
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow icon choice to be viewed and changed during comment preview
Full description of the idea
I thought I already submitted this suggestion, but when I looked I couldn't find it, by myself or anyone else. Apologies if it's a duplicate.
At the moment, you can only select an icon when first typing your comment in quick reply, or from the full reply ('More Options') screen. As soon as you hit 'preview', your icon choice is 1) not visible and 2) not editable.
If you realise at that point that you want to change your icon from your default, or want to check you haven't used an inappropriate one, etc etc, you have to copy your text out of the box and go back and start again.
Since (if you use Preview) there's no way of seeing which icon you're using just before you post your comment, it's easy to post with a different one to the one you thought you were using. Then have to either edit your comment, delete it and repost, or leave another comment to explain. All of which are annoying for something so trivial-seeming.
1) Include the 'picture to use' line that's used in the Reply screen in the Preview screen, or
2) Include the icon itself in the comment preview, along with a dropdown to change it.
- Get rid of a minor but irritating usability issue.
- Happy confetti thrown by at least myself.
- For option 1: I can't think of any other than developer time to implement, let me know if I missed something.
- For 2: it's a bigger change to the familiar preview screen, and it's not consistent with the way you pick icons in the other comment screens.