Community Members List
Short, concise description of the idea
Ability for community maintainers to hide their members list.
Full description of the idea
I run a few support communities on LJ that are prone to trolling and harassment towards the members. Many people create "fake" LJ accounts so that their LJ friends are not able to stumble upon the community and see that they are members.
If maintainers were able to hide their "members" list from everyone except maintainers, it would help reduce the amount of trolling that happens in such types of communities. The communities that I help run are friends-only communities, but trolls are still able to look at the "members" list and seek out unsuspecting people to harass, bully, and flame.
I noticed that paidmembers has this option and am hoping that the option will be made public to other communities, as well.
- Reduction of trolling, flaming and general harassment of members in vulnerable communities.
- Reduction of "fake", multiple LJ accounts from users.
- Stronger feeling of safety from members.
- Inability to see how popular communities are with this feature enabled
- Members would not be able to see if perhaps someone they do not get along with is part of the community.