Tagging via ATOM API
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow clients written using the ATOM API to add tags when posting.
Full description of the idea
Allow tags to be set for entries when posting using ATOM API.
As brought up in http://www.livejournal.com/support/see_request.bml?id=999534:
The ATOM API allows the user to create tags for an entry when posting. The following syntax doesn't work when posting via ATOM.
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<entry xmlns="http://purl.org/atom/ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<category label="foo" term="foo"/>
<category label="bar" term="bar"/>
People have been talking about this since '06...
- More support for developers using the ATOM API
- Better compatibility with the rest of the blogosphere
- Happiness and tagging for users using said applications
- This API has not been high on LJ's priority list
- LJ's preferred client API has full support for tagging