Add tags while approving posts to a community
Short, concise description of the idea
While accepting posts to a community, you should be able to tag them, or at least be given a link to do so in the normal tagging page
Full description of the idea
At the moment when approving posts you:
- Start off at the Community Moderation screen which lists the posts
- Click on a title to read the post (and view what tags it's been submitted with)
- If you hit 'accept' you are taken to a confirmation screen
- If you hit 'accept' again, you are taken back to the list of posts, with a header saying 'Success The entry has been successfully posted.'
At no point do you get the option to tag the entry you are (effectively) posting, or a link to the page from which you can do so, or even a link to the post you just approved.
I suggest that on the 'Are you sure you want to approve this entry?' page, under the checkbox saying 'Also, add user exampleusername to the list of pre-approved users for this community' that there's a line saying 'Also, tag this post with...', and a textbox with the list of tags below it, just like on the normal tagging page. The box should be pre-filled with the tags already attached to the post by the OP, again just as it works on the normal tagging page.
Alternatively (or additionally), in the next page when you're returned to the list of posts headed by 'Success The entry has been successfully posted.', that sentence should continue with the links go to the entry, tag the entry, similar to the options you get when you post to a journal or community directly.
An ordered list of benefits
- Streamlines the process of adding and tagging posts in moderated communities.
- Easier and quicker to check up on how a post you just approved came out, leave a comment, etc.
- I can't imagine any other than the usual time and effort to implement. If that's a failure of my imagination let me know!