Support Request Information Block Tool - On Demand
Short, concise description of the idea
Create a tool which allows Support Volunteers to receive information which would normally be submitted with a logged-in user's Support Request when this information is not originally provided.
Full description of the idea
There are many times when users will submit support requests (especially in General/Unknown) or through support@ when they are not logged in to their LiveJournal account. Since valuable diagnostic information is submitted with each support request, this information being obtainable from the database in an "on-demand" fashion would be very helpful to get in needed sitatuions.
style: (S2) core: public, i18n: none, i18nc: none, layout: public, theme: public, user: custom,
userpics: 100 base + 20 loyalty = 120 userpics
sup enabled: no
cluster: $CLUSTER; data version : 8
scheme: $SCHEME; language: en_LJ
I would also suggest that a field be added to this tool, letting volunteers know if there is a secret question defined on the account.
- The information can be used by senior support volunteers to quickly diagnose issues when this information is required, without having to "Comment back" to the user for the information.
- It allows requests to be tailored appropriately, especially for lost password requests in knowing whether to leave an "e-mail only" answer or one with a "secret question" provision.
- Tool could be customized to include information appropriate for the requestor's priv level (if necessary).
- The information could be misused; to mitigate, restrict tool to certain priv level. My suggestion would be SH or above.
- Database strain (I have no idea how intensive it would be to gather this data).
- Wrong information being obtained if the user provides an incorrect username.