New vgift (or gift shop item) suggestion
Short, concise description of the idea
Add a replica of the emergency power-down switch that shut down LiveJournal to the vgift section of the LiveJournal store, or maybe arrange for a plastic-and-metal real commemorative item to be shipped while supplies last.
Full description of the idea
One example of what this button looks like is http://www.4imprint.com/Big-Sound-and-Light-Button/exec/detail/~SKU103651/~CA103651.htm. Alternatively, an image of a hand (fist or palm) about to hit it, or hitting it (animated image) may be added, perhaps followed by a cut to black, then the word "Ooops" after a few seconds.
It could also be used as a ban, defriend, or screen button for paid-only layouts or for permanent accounts. (Since complete power losses are unlikely to
ever happen , there's no reason to make it available to Plus accounts. And it would probably upset advertisers, fandom, or both.)
If offered as a material item from the supplier above, it should feature the sound of fans and computers powered off, followed by an alarm going off in the distance and loud swearing.
- More money for LiveJournal
- Wish fulfillment fantasies (eg, for shutting up those people who insist on polluting your friends page or your inbox with inane twittering)
- A better way to state your opinion of LiveJournal ideas
- Fisting jokes
- Someone will question LiveJournal's priorities
- Someone will want it accessible to Basic Accounts or Plus Accounts
- Someone will misread the default text as "WANK promotions"
- Someone will fail to pay attention to the date on the suggestion
- Fisting jokes