Default View for Support Board
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow Support volunteers to choose a filter that would apply to the Support board automatically.
Full description of the idea
The idea here is basically the same as the friends page "Default View" group filtering. From how I see it, developers would create an additional page to define a set of categories and probably languages, and after user selects these, that filter is applied to the Support board automatically.
Filtering the Support board automatically is a concept that is worth more consideration; for example, I just thought that if an unprivved volunteer hits the board the first time, and if the board has requests in that volunteer's language, it would be great to filter it by that language, unless volunteer chooses otherwise.
- If a volunteer A focuses on requests in particular language or posted to a particular cat, he chooses his default view and forgets that other cats/languages exist.
- If a volunteer B only knows English, he chooses English for his DV to avoid cluttering.
- Like with the default view, it should be possible to disable its effect by a filter=0 (or like) HTTP GET parameter.
- Filtering something for unprivved volunteers until they deliberately chose that may be confusing.
- To store the filter data, 32-bit mask should be enough. If it's not enough for any reason, any "serialized large object" solution (like Perl's Storable) would do the trick.