Filter Support Board by Language
Short, concise description of the idea
Enable Support volunteers to select a language (or a set of languages) to filter requests on the request board.
Full description of the idea
Currently, there is a possibility to filter the Support board requests by category they are sent to, allowing volunteers to focus on one particular category of choice, admins to monitor their category state, and like.
With the introduction of the "request language" system, the board has not been altered to enable filtering by it. It is possible to perform such filtering by using third-party greasemonkey scripts, but this feature would benefit from being implemented right in LJ.
How I imagine it is: a drop-down allowing such filtering next to the category drop-down.
- If a volunteer A doesn't know any language other than English, he perceives requests in any other language as clutter; this feature will enable him to remove this clutter.
- If a volunteer B (read it as: myself) needs to monitor requests submitted in Russian on a day-by-day basis, he uses this feature as is to do so.
- If a volunteer C doesn't tend to help people out in English or Russian, but he does know German and helps with German requests, he can use this feature to check for German requests regularly.
- Cluttering the filter drop-downs row.
- It is possible to filter the board by several categories by substituting a HTTP GET variable (e.g. cat=russian,general). If this suggestion is implemented, it should be possible to filter the board by several languages as well.
- I didn't look into the code, but filter like cat=russian,general&lang=ru,de may be tricky to implement.
- Tangentially related: support notifications may be tweaked to feature language-based notifications as well.