Friends and friendsfriends RSS feed
Short, concise description of the idea
We have RSS feeds for LJ-accounts, but no consolidated RSS feed of the friend/friendsfriends pages.
Full description of the idea
We already have the ability to subscribe to a friends or communities RSS feed. However, it would be hugely more convenient to have an RSS feed of my/someones friends page.
- Tracking friends public updates without having to fire up a browser.
- No waiting for the style system to kick in
- Those of us accessing LJ from work with RSS aggregators don't have to worry about images trying to squeeze bandwidth from the IT guys.
- Private entires will be overlooked, but that's a RSS drawback anyway.
- When people make a post, LJ will have to recursively bump teh RSS feeds for all those people listed as their friends.
- People with HUGE friend lists with friends updating every second will leech processor time. One convenient solution for this would be to generate the feed on demand when the URL is queried rather than every time someone updates.