Serve adds based on marital status
Short, concise description of the idea
I see a lot of singles adds. I'll never use them. You can better target your adds.
Full description of the idea
I've already told you my age and gender. I assume you're using this to serve adds because all of the adds for singles web sites that I see have pictures of young women on them.
I can't find a line in my profile for my relationship status (or whatever) but if there was one I'd check "married" if it would make the singles web sites stop popping up. I use this site at work sometimes and some of the women in those pictures are not something I want on my screen.
- You could better target your adds. As it is you're serving me a lot of adds I'll never use.
- You can imrove your click ratio. I'll never click on those adds. If I don't see them, your advertiser will be happier because they'll go to someone who might click them.
- I'll be more likely to have your site visible at work, which could generate more subscribers. As it is, I usually have it hidden in another tab and only switch to it to refresh my friends page.
- It requires the user to divulge more personal information. People not willing to do so would not get target ads.
- People could lie - but then, they could lie about everything else. For all you know, I'm actually a 20-yr-old cheerleader from the University of Michigan.