"Now" button in entry editor
Short, concise description of the idea
Add a button next to the date and time in the entry editor to update the date and time.
Full description of the idea
I would like a "Now" button next to the date and time in the edit window, so that I can set or update the date and time of an entry to the point when I'm about to submit it, rather than the time I opened the editor or originally made the entry.
Yes, I know I can manually edit the date and time. And I'm even smart enough to figure out 24 hour time. But clicking a button to insert the current date and time would be much easier and less prone to mistakes.
- Makes it easier to set the time and date of an entry without going through multiple edit fields.
- Avoids simple errors of 24-hour time.
- Prevents accidentally dating entries into the future.
- Makes the time of an entry more "correct" if the edit window has been open for a long time, or if a post is updated.
- I used to use Phoenix as a client and it had this button. It was very useful
- Some users might continually update the same post, or abuse this to push an entry to the top of other's friends displays (which they could do now, but it's more work).