Create ping.fm custom posting URLs
Short, concise description of the idea
Create custom URLs for use with the ping.fm service, so that we don't have to give ping.fm our password.
Full description of the idea
Create individual custom URLs for each account (maybe only Paid Accounts, as another benefit) that accept Ping.fm messages (this format is detailed in http://groups.google.com/group/pingfm-developers/web/working-with-a-custom-url).
This would permit users to update via ping.fm without giving ping.fm their password. Ideally, there would be a page added that displayed a [very long and random] custom URL and that gave the option of resetting it in case it became public.
For example, I could have http://gerg.livejournal.com/interface/pingfm/123456789abcdefghi or something similar.
- Users would be able to use ping.fm securely
- Possible extra incentive to get users to buy Paid Accounts
- Users might post more often
- Would require developer time to implement
- Can't stop users from using the insecure method of giving ping.fm their credentials, so might not be worth the time to develop the feature