Screen Function for Entire Threads (Not Just Single Comments)
Short, concise description of the idea
Offer function to screen comments in an entire thread, not just for a single comment
Full description of the idea
In a journal or a community, you can freeze an entire thread just by clicking the freeze button on one comment. Doing this freezes the comment you froze and all subsequent comments.
This function should also be offered for screening comments. That is, if you screen one comment, the subsequent ones should be screened as well.
(This is similar to this post. But instead of having a bulk screen for one specific user, this would be a bulk screen for a thread of comments.)
- Unwanted threads of comments are removed from view but can be saved / preserved
- Screening of threads could be useful for communities if they want to preserve specific comments from user(s) but don't want it to be visible / make it open for new comments
- Maintainers won't have to go through each comment and screen them manually
- Comments would still be viewable by the journal owner/maintainer
- Time and research to implement
- May create drama and could be abused in communities by original posters of posts
- Comments would still be able to be deleted or unscreened by the original posters