A Link to the Join LiveJournal Page on Pages of Unregistered Usernames
Short, concise description of the idea
For convenience, I would like to have a link to the Join LiveJournal page on any page that says that a username is unregistered or that "there is no user" with the username in question.
Full description of the idea
The summary pretty much says it all. ;) As far as implementation goes, the simplest way would be to have a link to the Join LiveJournal page that says something to the effect of, "Want to create an account with this username?"
An additional implementation idea would be to have the username field on the Join LiveJournal page pre-populated with the username in question for more convenience and less chance of the user accidentally typoing the desired username. However, this would require far more extensive coding (likely in the form of creating a special argument for create.bml and adjusting the existing code to accommodate it) than simply having the link to the page.
- More convenience for users to claim an unregistered username they want.
- As always, the time and trouble to code this.
- Provided that my second implementation idea is used, additional coding steps to add a special argument for the create.bml page.
- Possibly a few more pissed users due to possible "username squatters" of usernames they had wanted. =PPPPPP Yes, they can still do this now, but having a direct link to the create.bml page would simply make it easier for them, LOL.
- Possibly a few more confused folks who accidentally clicked on the link and somehow ended up creating an account they didn't really want in the first place. (Think this sort of thing doesn't really happen? Believe me, it does and more often than you think.)