Display pending schools by country
Short, concise description of the idea
Display a list of schools that are waiting to be approved by the Schools team to the general userbase.
Full description of the idea
Currently, when a user submits a school to the Directory, it must be approved by a member of the Schools team before it is displayed on the user's profile and in the Schools Directory for other users to add. If another user wishes to add the same school, or if the same user doesn't understand the process fully, duplicate schools are added, or the same school with a different spelling or format is submitted, which causes the pending queue to fill up and duplicate schools can accidentally be approved.
The idea is for a list of pending schools to be displayed by country, then by state, city, and school name - Separate pages for each country would be ideal, then all the pending schools would be listed on that page in the sort order above.
- Less duplicate schools will be submitted, keeping the pending queue to a more representative number and enabling the team to approve much more quickly.
- An unintended side effect will be that users will be able to see if/when their school has been rejected - it will disappear from this page and will not appear on their profile if it is not approved.
- An increase in Support requests is possible when users can see if their school has been rejected.
- When the queue is really large, it could be difficult to check to see if your school is pending or not.
- Will likely not prevent the problem of the same school being submitted in different cities.