Fix community renaming.
Short, concise description of the idea
Repair community renaming to work as documented: allow communities to be renamed [using a name] from an existing journal that you own.
Full description of the idea
Currently, communities cannot be renamed [using the name] from an existing journal - only using an unregistered name, or [the name from] a deleted and purged one.
The inability to rename communities in this way is an error that has occurred sometime between 2007-08-28 and 2008-02-19 as a result of some other change.
August 2007 was the last time i personally renamed a community [using another usename I owned.]
Feburary 2008 is the first time i've attempted to renamed a community since.
I recognise it may be hard to track down the exact cause of this based on these dates.
Livejournal support have assured me that there is nothing they can do to help
for those unfamiliar with renaming, here is the FAQ
and the renaming service itself
Issue tracking system reference: LJSV-236
- Features following documented behaviour is good.
- Leaving broken features broken looks bad.
- Users waiting to rename journals for which they have already purchased tokens can do so.
- Someone will have to find exactly which code change broke the feature.
- Someone will have to repair both the broken code, and ensure that the other related code change still works.
Note: this post has been edited slightly since it was submitted.
- I have removed a block of text that justified this post - it is included as a screened comment.
- I have added links to the renaming FAQ and the renaming service
- I have reworded several things to aid comprehension, most notably the parts in square brackets.
- I have fixed the unordered list code.