Receive comments to entries through Frank, make it possible to respond
Short, concise description of the idea
Make Frank speak the comments left by other people in my journal, and allow me to respond to them by responding to Frank.
Full description of the idea
I just discovered the joy of posting to my LJ through LJ Talk. But the comments for an entry still come through e-mail, and in order to respond to them I have to use a browser. Wouldn't it be awesome, if I could have those comments come to me through IM, via Frank, and then respond to them simply by talking back to him, maybe by preceding my response with a "re: " or some other keyword?
The feature could be turned off, for those who wouldn't find it as useful as I would. Maybe it could even be an "opt-in" setting, defaulting to "off", on my settings page.
- I'd receive the comments a lot faster than through e-mail which, though reasonably fast, sometimes takes its own sweet time.
- Responding to comments would be way faster than it is through the traditional "receive an e-mail, open a browser, log in, type in the response, preview it, post it" procedure.
- It would be much cooler this way.
- Some people might find this feature confusing, annoying even.
- Frank would undoubtedly have more work due to this.