Inbox category selector should keep prior selection.
Short, concise description of the idea
When you select a category of messages on the left-hand side, and then perform an action, the Inbox returns you to "All" instead of whichever category you had selected.
Full description of the idea
I was trying to clean up my inbox and delete a bunch of old entry and comment notifications. I didn't want to delete my personal messages... just my comment notifications. So I'd select "Entries & Comments" and click the grey box to select all of the notifications on that page and delete them.
Once I'd deleted that page, the left-hand category list once again selected "All," and showed me a page full of all types of messages. I once again had to select "Entries & Comments" to delete the next page of notifications without deleting my PMs.
This got *really* old after the fourth page.
- People won't accidentally delete a subcategory of notifications that they meant to keep.
- Quicker to delete pages and pages of notifications because you don't have to keep re-selecting the category of message that you're trying to delete.
- The behavior will more closely mimic the usual behavior of most email programs-- in most of the ones I've used, you stay in the folder you're in unless you specifically switch to another view.
- Someone will have to code it.
- Some people might not like it if it doesn't return to "All" when they've completed an action.