Journal embedding through JSON
Short, concise description of the idea
Full description of the idea
For example, this would make it possible to place a list of the titles of your most recent posts in a page, and have those link to the full text of each post.
- Embedding in HTML will become much more flexible, allowing end users to create a wide variety of scripts without requiring vetting by LiveJournal personnel.
- Embedding in XHTML will become possible through means other than frames.
- Friends would be able to see protected entries, since the cookie could be read out of their browser; a web server based solution would be unable to do this.
- The interface between LJ's internal database format and the JSON converter will require maintenance.
- Badly behaved scripts may hammer the JSON converter and require some form of throttling.