auto-link URLs in userpic comments
Short, concise description of the idea
Currently, any URLs in userpic comments don't automatically turn into links. I think they should.
Full description of the idea
Sometimes I put a URL in the userpic comment, for example to link to the image source. I noticed that it didn't get marked up as a link. <lj user> tags do auto-format, so there's at least some precedent for markup there.
- Convenience of having a link (instead of manually entering in the address bar)
- Seems like it would be expected behavior, at least to me.
- Slippery slope to allowing other forms of HTML in userpic comments
- It's a change in current behavior, so people would have to adjust.
- I'm not actually sure what function causes auto-links; it might not be trivial to implement this. Maybe.