Disabling 'comments disabled' for Communities
Short, concise description of the idea
Allowing a community to stop people who post from having 'comments disabled'.
Full description of the idea
In the Community Settings screen, or Comment Settings, a Maintainer should be allowed to stop users from disabling comments on their posts. This can be done simply by adding the options - 'Allow Comment Disabling' ; 'Do Not Allow Comment Disabling' - or something to this effect.
I am the maintainer of a large community that is based around the 'discussion' of the posts that people submit. Recently a post was submitted that had the comments disabled which has been a noticeable and annoying occurrence.
It was not obvious in the submission queue that the user had done this. If this feature can not be implemented then it is suggested that it be made more obvious what comment settings the user has selected when submitting their post.
- Communities will be able to continue being open forums for all.
- Maintainers can decide how their community functions.
- Allowing comments on all posts will allow members to know that they are being treated fairly.
- Users can engage each other in healthy community building discussion.
- The feature might infringe on users who wish to disable ALL comments on ALL of their posts. I suggest the don't post in communities that adhere to open discussion.