Set Minimum Security to a Custom Friends Group
Short, concise description of the idea
Users should be able to set the minimum security for future entries to a custom friends group.
Full description of the idea
Currently, users can only set the minimum security level for future entries (http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=120) to Public, Friends Only, or Private. The Manage Settings page (http://www.livejournal.com/manage/settings/) should include an option to set the minimum future security to any custom friends group, such as "Default View."
- Increased flexibility for posting
- Natural extension of custom friends groups
- Should be relatively simple to implement
- Users with "Friends Only" journals can set their minimum security to their "Default View," effectively allowing them a more public-like journal without impacting their reading list
- Implementation time
- Added bloat to the Manage Settings page
- Potential confusion for users
- Not useful for people who don't set a minimum security level or use custom friends groups