Allow community maintainers to pay for a layout for a community
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow for community maintainers to purchase a layout that’s not available to free members for their community.
Full description of the idea
For most communities, a paid account is unnecessary because most of the features aren’t applicable or useful. Paid layout options are an exception to this, especially themed layouts specifically for holidays. Allowing community maintainers to pay for only the layouts, instead of having to buy a useless paid membership for the community, will entice many to spring for something they otherwise wouldn’t have bothered with. It would be similar in application to the LJ gifts, which fade after a certain period of time. Whether the time is one month or two, or whether there is a standard amount of time or you can pay for a variable amount, this would be a bridge between members who don’t want to pay for paid membership, but would like the benefit of more layout choices, and those who consistently buy paid membership. And who knows, people who like the benefits of the extra layout themes for their communities may decide to get a paid account for their personal journals in order to take advantage of the layouts as well!
- Better layout options for community maintainers, because not everyone is good with web coding.
- More choices even if it does cost you a couple dollars.
- LiveJournal makes a bit of money!
- Idea is similar to LJ gifts, so people are already familiar with the application of it.
- Nothing I can think of. Doesn’t LJ wanna make money?