Additional Voice Post Purchasing
Short, concise description of the idea
A cost added upgrade for paid and permanent members who need more than twenty voice posts per month.
Full description of the idea
It is possible to purchase more User Icons, and more storage space. In a similar fashion it should be possible to purchase more voice posts.
I see two ways this could be done.
First would be a simple increase in the number of voice posts allowed per month. I would suggest $19.95 per year to double the amount of voice posts. Basically buying a second membership to use its voice post space.
The other way would be for someone to buy a one time bundle of voice posts, that can be used up over time. As an example this could be $20 for 100 voice posts. That way someone could post thirty voice posts in one month using their base twenty, plus ten from their "bank", leaving ninety. Next month they only make fifteen voice posts, under the base usage of twenty, so their bank remains at ninety. The month after that, they make forty-five, knocking their bank down to fifty-five.
- Make more money for Live Journal.
- Enable older and disabled people to make more posts, even if typing is difficult for them.
- Enable talkative teenagers to use incomprehensible slang twice as much, Oh My God.
- Enable drunks to more easily post from the bars.
- Enable poets to emote twice as often, perhaps saving them from cirrhosis of the liver.
- World peace.
- It is another line item for LJ's accounting software to keep track of.
- Basic and plus members will whine that the elitist paid members are getting stuff they are not getting.
- I don't know, badger invasion?