LJ Cuts for Friends Page
Short, concise description of the idea
My suggestion is the ability to forcibly use LJ cuts on entries that clog up friend's pages.
Full description of the idea
The livejournal community seems pretty divided on the use of Livejournal cuts. Many people do not like to see giant entries take up the spaces of their friends pages, other don't seem to mind. However, this is the source of much conflict. I would like to have the ability to LJ cut a friend or community entry without altering anything actually said in the post. The LJ cut is YOUR personal view of the friend's list: it does not alter how the post is viewed by others.
- People often would like to friend users with similar interests, but are not eager to add someone who doesn't use LJ cuts for longer entries.
- Much conflict arises in communities and within friends pages because a post is often replied to with a curt response about using an LJ cut.
- Some people will not use LJ cuts no matter how accurately the process is explained to them.
- More space to read multiple entries!
- People want to avoid LJ cuts when they believe their posts are especially useful or pertinent and want them to be seen by many people.
- LJ cuts should have specific language to use so they are not labeled with derogatory or insulting phrases.
- The forced LJ cuts should be optional add-ons.
- Users should understand that the LJ cuts do not delete anything in the actual post.