Customize Journal sandbox
Short, concise description of the idea
When making adjustments to journal layout right now, it's necessary to save changes to the actual journal with no ability to preview. A preview or sandbox mode where you can play around with design changes without having to implement them on your current journal would be a nice touch.
Full description of the idea
- Improves ability to make small changes to design without committing them to the main journal.
- Saves time when making minor tweaks and adjustments, rather than having to save, view journal, back to customize journal every time.
- Allows changes to be discarded without having to make a manual reversion to original journal settings.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- A new preview window system would have to be written and implemented, most likely. I'm afraid I can't estimate the amount of work that would involve.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I'm not sure how or if this differs from the current ability to preview comments. If it's done as a sort of sandbox, I don't see that it would be that difficult at all since you're simply using the pre-made S2 design elements on a dummy page.