LJ Email Notifier
Short, concise description of the idea
Incorrect grammar in email notification statement.
Full description of the idea
I realize this is nitpicky, but you are running an international business based on the English language. The statement of notification sent out in email indicating that an LJ user I am watching has posted contains incorrect English grammar. It reads:
singularLJuser updated their journal!
In this use a generic plural pronouns modifies a singular noun. Although the use of the generic plural pronoun removes a need for gender identification, this use shows disagreement in the syntax.
- Avoid the need for a pronoun completely by simply saying:
- "singularLJuser's LJ has been updated!"
- In this use there is no need to worry about agreement between noun/pronoun, and no need to be concerned with pronoun gender.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Unless there is some need to specify who has updated the journal (the journal's owner), I don't see why the shorter and correct statement won't improve the notifier.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I don't have an understanding of how you distribute notifier emails, so I don't know what time and effort it takes to change such. I would think a good face forward in language use is a positive for any business, however.