Layout Breakout Button
Short, concise description of the idea
A little breakout-button to do the "?style=mine" or "?format=light" or something so users don't have to type it in.
Full description of the idea
I don't think some of the layouts people actively use are pretty or readable. Currently, If I don't like it, I type in the handy "?style=mine" and it's gone. Problem is, I find myself doing that a LOT. (Why must people insist on tiny little entry columns that feel like they are only 50px across?) So I suggest a customizable layout breakout-button. One that will filter out layouts that I dislike (sponsored or not) based on my preferences. I'm perfectly willing to teach the filter what I like to see and what I don't like to see. If I don't like it, I click the breakout button, and I get the benefits of "?style=mine".
- Paid (or whatever level you want) users get to customize their LiveJournal experience further.
- Increase LiveJournal user satisfaction.
- Automated "?style=mine" is a time-saver.
- For added benefits, choices are remembered. (And reversible.)
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- I can't think of anything, though I must admit I'm not technically/code-inclined.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- There is a mobile LiveJournal that adds "?format=light" ... I believe something similar could be done? (Again I apologize but I don't have much code knowledge.)