Non-LiveJournal Members Signing Comments
Short, concise description of the idea
We should have a feature that allows those without an LJ account to sign their comments without being anonymous or using Open ID
Full description of the idea
People visiting an LJ blog who aren't LJ members and don't want to join LJ or sign up for Open ID should be able to leave their names and blog links on the comments they leave on LJ blogs. In addition to the "anonymous" signature feature, we should have a form where visitors can enter a name, email address, and a link to their own blogs. Nearly everyone who visits my LJ blog from another site complains about thelack of that option.
- The site would be more welcoming to those outside the LJ community
- Visitors to blogs would not be frustrated by trying to figure out how to leave a proper signature without being "anonymous" and would be more likely to visit and comment again.
- LJ members could more easily track who is visiting their blogs and also follow links to the blogs of their visitors.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- This feature would encourage visitors to create an LJ account or an Open ID account.
- The feature would require recoding comments pages.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Adding a form to the comments page for visitors outside of LJ shouldn't be especially complicated.