Log out function should not return to a locked post
Short, concise description of the idea
When viewing an entry page for a friends-locked entry, the "Log out" button on the navigation strip returns to the friends-locked entry after logging the user out. It shouldn't, because on S2 entry pages this is an error message.
Full description of the idea
The "Log out" button sends the user to this URL:
However, on an entry page for a locked entry, this is useless. It's particularly bad on entry pages with S2 styles, since the page will be entirely blank except for the permission denied error message -- there aren't any links back to any livejournal pages.
- Users who are logging out won't be stranded on a page with nothing but an error message.
- It'll be easier to log out and log back in to a different account.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- If the error message on S2 entry pages can't be changed, it's extra work loaded onto the navigation strip.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- There's been an outstanding suggestion for a while -- I think, although I can't find it through the tags here -- to make S2 entry pages display something useful when the viewer doesn't have permission to view the entry. That would be the best solution. (Should I resuggest it separately, or have I just missed in somewhere?)
- Otherwise, I'd suggest that the navigation strip check whether it's on an entry page with a locked entry and, if so, leave off the ?ret=1 return action.