Allow SpinVox to automatically transcribe Friends Only entries
Short, concise description of the idea
I have my minimum journal security level set to Friends Only, and enjoy the convenience of auto-transcription for my shorter voice-post entries. However, it's currently not possible for SpinVox to transcribe these entries unless they are posted public initially, which requires me to disable my minsecurity level. This seems to be a dilemma.
Full description of the idea
I propose that the SpinVox service operate through a LiveJournal user ID (such as lj_spinvox) so that users can add it to their Friends List (and put it on whatever custom friends groups that they want) so that their Friends Only posts can be automatically transcribed. Obviously, this cannot be used to transcribe Private posts, but IMO this is a non-issue.
- Allows users to take full advantage of the Spinvox service.
- Does not require users to change the minsecurity level of their journal just to use the SpinVox service.
- Does not sacrifice the security of user's journals (for those Friends Only posts) because (I assume) the Spinvox service would operate as a bot (no human would read user's journal entries through the lj_spinvox account).
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Some users may not want the SpinVox service to auto-transcribe their entries, but they can already set this option. If users only want their public entries to be transcribed, they need not add this bot to their Friends List.
- It may be difficult to get SpinVox to operate through an LJ account (I have no idea how this actually works).
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Create an official, permanent LJ account for SpinVox, such as lj_spinvox.
- Decide whether this option is to be available for Basic/Plus/Paid/Permanent accounts (probably the same as Voice Posting).
- Give instructions on how to enable/disable the feature (through the Friends list functionality).