Sticky Post for Communities
Short, concise description of the idea
The option for maintainers to write, edit and turn on or off a "sticky" post that always appears as the first post in a community.
Full description of the idea
I'm sure this, if not something like it has been suggested before, but I looked extensively and couldn't find one so here it is;
The idea is just that the moderator(s) are able to make one post that remains at the top (right under the header) of the community all the time, for a welcome or indroduction message, or perhaps a place to post rules or something members should know about the community before joining, so it will be immediately visible and won't get bumped down when other members post.
The "sticky post" as we'll call it, should be editable, obviously, and perhaps it could be turned on or off so maintainers can choose to utilize it or not.
- rules and information about the community is visible on the community main page at all times
- helps to ensure that members will see important community info.
- on/off, makes it an option not mandatory.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- not sure, it could be a pain to program or what have you. I really don't know, I'm sure someone else reading this can help come up with some drawbacks.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I know pretty much nothing about coding or programming or whatever so i have no idea what this would take to be implemented.