Fully hide entries which are hidden from us
Short, concise description of the idea
Surely if I can't see an entry, it's better for me not to know that there's an entry I can't see?
Full description of the idea
There's a great privacy advantage to being able to hide entries from people, but this is rather compromised by the fact that people can see that we're doing it.
Incidentally, if this is a compulsory field, why does it say 'If the space above isn't enough to describe your suggestion, you may write a more thorough and detailed explanation here. '?
- Added privacy; if I don't want some of my LJ friends to see an entry, I'd much rather they don't know about it at all.
- I won't have to think 'What are they hiding?' when my friends make entries I can't read, which may just be shopping lists or something anyway.
- Much better navigation - it's ridiculous that at the moment, clicking on 'next entry' takes you to a page with no useful navigation at all! At the very least, the You Can't See This page should let you carry on to the next entry after that; it would be far more usable if it just navigated between entries you can see.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Someone would need to program it.
- We would no longer know about it when our friends don't want us to know about some of their entries.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Make in-journal navigation links skip entries the user can't see anwyay.
- Hide any other links to these entries.