XHTML in Profiles and Sidebars
Short, concise description of the idea
XHTML tags are supported in entries, but aren't supported in profiles or sidebar boxes. I'm using the deprecated 'font' tag in my profile and it makes me cringe.
Full description of the idea
Profiles and Sidebar boxes that accept HTML should be able to support all the same code that entries support, such as 'style' XHTML tags and CSS.
- Uniformity throughout the site
- Users are able to better customize their profiles and sidebars to their personal tastes
- Livejournal will appear more professional if users are no longer forced to use deprecated 'font' tags
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Requires some coding work from staff
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Pretty self-explanatory, just start supporting up-to-date codes in more areas than just entries.