Please list number of active journals on front page of lj
Short, concise description of the idea
Not a suggestion for how to improve the use of lj, but the front page of lj used to show both the number of journals created since 1999 AND the number of *active* journals. I would like to see the number of active journals listed again.
Full description of the idea
"Active" journals could be described as having at least one post within the last sixty days, although it would be interesting to have an even larger breakdown of frequency of use. (BTW, I very much like the sorting-by-frequency-of-posts results I get from an Interests search.)
- Creates a more accurate picture of how much lj is really being used.
- A fun statistic for people to enjoy.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- It may be too difficult to code.
- You may not want extra numbers cluttering up the front page.
- You may not want to know or show how many accounts are inactive -- might look odd that people sign up and then never use their journals (although that's not necessarily a reflection on lj).
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Sorry, I have no technical knowledge whatsoever. But if you're able to list search results by frequency of post, there ought to be a way to list/sort/count journals and communities by their amount of activity.