Navigation As Component/Widget
Short, concise description of the idea
taking the features of the Navigation strip and incorporating it into a component/panel for the layout.
Full description of the idea
Some people, like myself, don't like the navigation bar across the top of their page as it doesn't fit theor colour scheme. So I think that if users wish to disable the navigation bar they may do so, but include somewhere in the customize area (in the Components layout for example it would go in Compenents) the option to turn on a kind of Links Panel in the sidebar that does the same thing as the navigation bar (such as New Post, Customize etc) It's mainly just to achieve a uniform look to each users Journal so that they can achieve all the things they wish to do but still be rid of the Navigation at the top if so wanted.
- * more aesthetic value to each users profile
- * improved accessibility to site areas such as Customize and Post without "ugly" navigation bar.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- * more then likely some issues with coding and inmplementation, especially with the users choice however the basic "movement" as such of the Navigation bar from the top of the page to inside the Journal itself would seem to me to be fairly simple (I'm no coder so I wouldn't know.).
- * user support could be an issue too, with many users being a little confused with the addition of this feature. But a simple post as to what it does and how to use it in the News could clear it up.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- * Perhaps start by finding where the links to each area noted on the Navigation Bar go and then maybe finding a way to "auto-create" a "Navigation" compnent/panel?