Add Maintainers for Syndicated Accounts
Short, concise description of the idea
Syndicated accounts need a moderator to help control comments by trolls.
Full description of the idea
Based on recent comments posted in some feeds, it appears the trolls of the internet have discovered that no one can delete or screen their comments to syndicated accounts. By giving someone, ideally the feed content owner, their designee, or the feed creator, the ability to delete comments, mark comments as spam, and screen comments, the trolls could be kept in check and everyone would have a better LiveJournal experience.
- Troll control.
- Ability to flag spam comments, including "Boobies!"
- Troll control. Troll control. Troll control.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Users may get the perception that a syndicated account's moderator is the one who writes the content of the syndicated feed.
- Some users may confuse syndicated accounts with communities.
- Moderators would have their username linked on the profile page of the syndicated account, possibly drawing unwanted attention to their journal.
- LiveJournal must determine a fair method of establishing a moderator for existing feeds.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Moderators should be the owner of the content, their designee, or the creator of the feed.
- Alternately, have a permanent/primary moderator who is either the creator of the feed content or the syndicated account, and allow them to assign a secondary moderator as needed. The second moderator cannot remove the primary one. In this case, if the primary moderator decides they no longer wanted to be such, they can assign a new one (or possibly ask support to assign one).
- Moderator powers for syndicated accounts are strictly limited to deleting comments, screening and unscreening comments, freezing and unfreezing comment threads, marking comments as spam, and any other future functions designed to allow control of comments. They may not block someone from reading the syndicated content or adding the syndicated account as a friend.
- Users who feel a moderator is abusing their powers can talk to LJ Abuse.