seperate filter for adult content
Short, concise description of the idea
Add "adults only" to the 'show this entry to' drop down menu when posting an entry.
Full description of the idea
Since there has been a lot of "protecting the children" going on, I thought it might be nice to set entries so that only logged-in adult users can see them. In a way the post would still be public, since non-friends can see it, just not to all users.
I originally thought of this idea for fanfiction, since there are some authors who are worried about minors reading adult-oriented fanfic.
- Children wouldn't be confronted with adult material any more.
- Posters wouldn't have to worry any more about minors reading their adult-oriented entries.
- Posters can protect themselves from being labelled as 'corrupters of youth'.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Users need to have an account and be logged in to see be able to read the entries.
- Minors might be tempted to lie about their age in their profile.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Modelled after filters, but filter by age instead of by friend-of or custom.