Control over OpenID use
Short, concise description of the idea
In light of recent whitelistings of LiveJournals' new partners OpenID service should become more transparent and easier to use.
Full description of the idea
The http://www.livejournal.com/openid/options.bml page clearly shows the sites that the LiveJournal user trusts to use OpenID. Adding partner sites to the list would give user more control over their online privacy. Let the trusted websites to use OpenID by default but at the same time user should have an option of turning off OpenID for partner websites.
- Clear list of websites that have user's OpenID
- User will have full control over their OpenID use
- Decrease speculations on breach of privacy
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- No obvious drawback for the user
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Implement it the same way it's done for all the other websites with only difference that partner sites will be "trusted" by default and will have to be changed by user.