Expand collapsed threads.
Short, concise description of the idea
Implement an icon-button on each post (similar to the memory icon) so that a reader can click to expand collapsed threads, thus viewing every comment without clicking back and forth.
Full description of the idea
I think the description above is clear enough.
- 1. It will save time for dialup users; they won't have to click to open a collapsed thread, click out, click to open another, etc.
- 2. It will be more convenient than adding a "grease monkey" script, and avoid piling application programs on top of each other.
- 3. It will be optional. Readers who like the collapsed threads do not have to click the "expand" button.
- 4. It will continue to customize each user's LJ experience.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- I don't see any, except the time needed to write and test the program. But then, I'm not very tech-savvy; I leave that to the development folks.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- When we read a friend's post, there are a number of "use icons" attached -- "Add to Memories", "Tell a Friend", "Track This". I see another icon added to that group; just click to expand all the threads on the page.
- I have no idea how to implement this feature, or what would need to be changed or fixed. As I said, I leave that to the tech folks.