Del.icio.us / Digg bookmarklets
Short, concise description of the idea
Optional Del.icio.us and Digg bookmarklets on articles
Full description of the idea
Have a checkbox on the submit article page (update.bml) which allows the blogger to add a bookmarklet to the end of the article, so that readers could click it and automatically save the link to their del.icio.us or digg pages. You could make it populate the del.icio.us (etc) form with the tags the user's applied to the article.
Alternative to having a changed update.bml - have a preference enablable on the prefs pages allowing users to select bookmarklets globally.
- Easier use of del.icio.us
- Easier access to LJ articles
- Less paging back through months of articles to find something
- Less load on LJ's own favourites lists
- Matching tags for an article between del.icio.us and LJ.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- If you change the update.bml, you may need to change the posting API slightly to include a new boolean value. May be easier to do it in the account prefs / profile page.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Either (or both):
- New checkbox adding to update.bml
- New checkbox adding to account settings / profile page.
- Possible slight change to API to allow 3rd party clients to select bookmarklet option if you go for the first option.