ScrapBook Video Integration
Short, concise description of the idea
Video posting should be more closely integrated into ScrapBook.
Full description of the idea
Currently, video items do not fit well into ScrapBook; they are not previewed, are skipped by previous/next buttons, and cannot be embedded into journal posts. ScrapBook offers a number of interesting features that other video posting sites don't, particularly the ability to synchronize security with my LiveJournal security groups, but this failure to integrate makes it a less attractive video posting option.
- Increased utility of ScrapBook accounts.
- Increased perception of usefulness of paid accounts (since large amounts of storage are required for video).
- Decreased confusion of people attempting to use ScrapBook as a video storage mechanism.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Development time.
- Perception of "competing" with other services for whom integration is already offered.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Create a video preview frame that will allow videos to be previewed before being viewed.
- Update terminology on ScrapBook pages to account for videos. (e.g. some layouts have you clicking a link labelled "full size" or similar to see the video, which is extremely confusing.)
- Make next/previous links treat videos in the same way they treat images.
- Create an embeddable player that will allow videos to be displayed in-frame if possible, or in journal posts. (Although this may require a special posting or video conversion mechanism.)