Offsite Userpics, Take 2
Short, concise description of the idea
Use a Client-side script to facilitate offsite userpic posting.
Full description of the idea
Livejournal users want more userpics, but can't justify the high cost of getting a paid account just for userpics.
Therefore, load a script with Livejournal and have it manage the offsite userpic system. Full details of how this script should work are as follows:
-To account for Livejournal not being able to sell userpics, simply make this a subscription service, much like the add-on for userpics on paid accounts, except make it to where you don't have to have to have a paid account to buy it. Oh, and I would also make it to where the price would be about half of the current add-on price, since this would have little to no bandwidth or server cost to Livejournal.
- -Less users complaining about lack of userpics.
- -Less server load on Livejournal.
- -Higher customer satisfaction! :D
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- -Possible Hotlinking Issues (Not sure how I would tackle this...)
- -Userpic abuse, such as posting fetuses. (Implement a flag system that would forward the picture to the abuse team, or some other such system. I'll leave the technical details up to you guys.)
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Nothing I can think of that I haven't spelled out already. I'll tackle questions about it as best I can.