Add option to view all comments in a post
Short, concise description of the idea
Currently, when viewing a post that has a large number of threaded comments, at some point, the comments are reduced to only their subject lines. It would be useful if there were an option to automatically show all comments, so that one can read through the entirety of the comments on a single page.
Full description of the idea
- - easier to read discussions with many threads and sub-threads
- - optional, so those who prefer the current system can keep it
- - more conducive to active communities
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- - this option would result in longer pages, which some people may not like
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- - add this option under "Viewing Options" or "Customize". This option should also be available not only for your own journal, but when reading other journals/communities too.