disliking the lack of dislikes
Short, concise description of the idea
I'd like to request that livejournal add a "dislikes" list on the profile pages of livjournal users in the same manner that the current "interests" list exists.
Full description of the idea
That would eliminate the need for users to post so many "anti-" interests. I myself have 12 "anti-" interests and I find myself thinking that I am not so much anti many of those things, rather they are just things I strongly dislike. Honestly, I would like to see which other members and communities dislike the same things as I do.
This would be such a simple thing to implement for livejournal and would add a lot in terms of finding like-minded friends and communities. I hope you take my request into consideration.
This issue was requested a few years ago and wasn't implement before the current request structure, so I thought it worthwhile asking officially once again. I honestly can't understand why it wasn't implimented.
- 1. Find people and communities that dislike the same things as you.
- 2. Stop people from appearing to be "interested" in being "anti" something when they really just dislike it.
- 3. People who dislike similar things will finally be able to meet up.
- 4. Easier to manage communities because there are specific communities that dislike certain behaviour that aren't necessarily "anti" it.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- 1. could potentially double the number of interests/dislikes to 300.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- 1. This would be the easiest modification ever. Just use the current model for the "interests" and add a second separate field for "dislikes".