Short, concise description of the idea
While going through my old entries, I had to manually go through all the ones marked "poems" and change them to "poetry." I'd like the "Rename" function go a little further and allow tags to be combined.
Full description of the idea
- -This would allow users to combine entries with different but similar tags, making for more ease in organizing.
- -If it were implemented inside of the "Rename" function, there probably wouldn't be too much of a change graphically or interface-wise on the user end.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- -I have no idea how much coding would have to go into implementing this, but it might require a lot of restructuring of the "Rename" function.
- -If one accidentally changed all of one's "husband" tagged entries to "Pictures of My Cats," it would be a lot of trouble to undo.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Looking at the last problem I just wrote, maybe combining tags wouldn't be the best way, but being able to take all entries tagged with "beach," and be able to add "ocean" to them, and then later use the remove tag option to remove "beach" from one's journal.
- Or maybe just an "Undo Tag combination" function. *That* seems like a lot of work though :)