Short, concise description of the idea
I want to apply more than one mood to my post, each with its associated icon.
Full description of the idea
That about covers it.
- * users can better express complex moods
- * precise wording of a mood won't hinder its association with posts of similar moods. (i.e. if I didn't have to relabel excited as "victorious" to achieve the sense of accomplishment + excitement, and could instead use both moods with their icons, then it could properly be associated with similar accomplishment and excitement posts rather than being its own small subsect of "victorious.")
- * users will not be forced to choose a "dominate" mood, from their complex personalities
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- * continual adding of dropboxes to the post form could present a layout problem
- * hundreds of mood icons could hinder page loading
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Example implementation: After selecting a mood, a duplicate mood selection box appears below it. If a mood is selected from this box, another appears. Continuing until the user stops selecting moods.
- The mood selection box could be relocated in the form below Music or separate like the privacy options, to facilitate form growth.
- If page loading is a concern, mood aggregation could be limited to a "reasonable" number, 5, 10, 50, to prevent "moodiness."
- Each mood could be limited to being used only once, so the total number of moods on a post would not exceed the number of distict moods available.