Friends Page overlap post(s)
Short, concise description of the idea
Add x number of posts to the bottom of the Friends Page as overlap.
Full description of the idea
Say you are ~100 posts behind, so you are on the skip=50 page. You finish reading the page and hit the next 50 button. However, 3 new posts were made while you were reading, and now you've missed the three posts that were shoved down in their place because there is no overlap in posts. Currently, I open the flist AND skip=50 at the same time to be sure that I don't miss posts, OR I refresh the skip=50 page before quickly hitting the next 50 button (a bit taxing on my computer). I think it would be nice to have the option to add x number of Overlap Posts to the Friends Page.
- Reduce the load on the servers from the refreshing or multiple flist openings.
- No more missed posts!
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- There would have to be a limit, just as the Friends Page is currently limited at 50.
- Confusion about which posts are overlapped.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I propose that the Subject Line be made a different (customisable) colour for Overlap Posts to reduce confusion.
- Number of overlap posts: 0, 1, 5, ? Opt in, by the number chosen. Default being 0.